17 February 2010

jack Tuesdays: Happy Chinese New Year!!!
















The Year of the Tiger officially began on Valentine's Day this year! The Lunar New Year is a celebration that lasts 15 days and is the most important holiday for many Asian cultures. To prepare for it, I cleaned the house from top to bottom last week (yes, it's also spring cleaning time!) to ensure that my good luck this year will not be blocked by my many piles of "organized" mess and layers of dust. On New Year's Eve my rather large family came together for a feast; there was a lot of red envelope exchanges and smiles all around. The best part of the festivities was when my cousins and I decided to go on a last minute ski trip for the long weekend to continue the celebration. What an awesome way to begin a new year and I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for me!

image via p!ng

[jackie =0)]

1 comment:

  1. I was born on the year of the tiger, but they say it's gona be tough one for me. Happy new year!

    Love your blog!

    xoxo,
    andyquirks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete